ELIGIBILITY aND SELECTION PROCESS
Nominations for the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize must be initiated by independent third parties (Nominator), in any of the following categories:
- Leading academics (e.g. professors in universities);
- Government officials (outside of the city administration);
- Heads of international organisations in the fields of urban planning, housing, transport management, urban design and architecture, energy conservation, urban policy and management, or other relevant fields.
- Organisation in the public or private sectors
- Non-government organisation (NGOs)
- Academic institution
The Nominator should inform the city of their intention to nominate. Self-nominations are not accepted.
All submissions are evaluated through a rigorous two-tier process comprising the Nominating Committee and Prize Council.
- The Nominating Committee reviews and examines submissions and recommends potential Laureates to the Prize Council.
- The Prize Council reviews and selects the Prize Laureate based on the recommendations.
Both panels consist of prominent practitioners, policy makers, academics and experts from a wide range of disciplines in the public and private sectors.
2018 Nominating Committee and Prize Council
About the Prize
Prize Council & Nominating